Small Business Leadership Awards
The Small Business Leadership Awards is an annual event co-sponsored by the South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce and the South Metro Denver SBDC. This event is designed to recognize Chamber investors, their successes and contributions to our communities. Three awards are given out at the event: Small Business of the Year, Emerging Business of the Year, and the Brian Vogt Community Leader of the Year. Companies and individuals are nominated for these awards by Chamber investors and employees, or they are self nominated. Finalists and winners are determined by the Small Business Leadership Awards Committee, comprised of seven volunteers who specialize in a different areas of small business.
If you are not an investor of the South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce, and are interested in participating in the Small Business Leadership Awards, please contact the Chamber at 303-795-0142 and let the receptionist know you are interested in becoming a member. If you are a Chamber investor interested in participating, please contact your Marketing and Visibility Representative .
- Small Business of the Year: 5 - 250 employees (or equivalent FTEs), in business five years or more
- Emerging Business of the Year: 5 or more employees (or equivalent FTEs), in business one to four years
- Brian Vogt Community Leader of the Year: An individual who has made an extraordinary contribution to the Chamber and the larger South Metro Denver community
Small Business of the Year and Emerging Business of the Year Requirements:
- Company must be a Chamber investor as of January 1st, locally & privately held, for-profit, and not a franchisee
- Non-profits and government agencies are not eligible for Small Business or Emerging Business of the Year
- Nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
- Leadership and Management Ability
- Financial Performance
- Prospects for Sustained Success
- Community Involvement
Brian Vogt Community Leader of the Year Requirements:
- Individual or their organization must be a Chamber member as of January 1, 2011
- Nominees may be affiliated with a for-profit business, non-profit organization, or government agency
- Nominees will be judged on the following criteria: community, business and Chamber involvement
For more information about the Small Business Leadership Awards, please visit the official SBLA page on the South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce website at http://www.bestchamber.com/events/small-business-leadership-awards.html.