The Small Business Leadership Awards is an annual event co-sponsored by the South Metro Denver Chamber and the South Metro SBDC. This event is designed to recognize Chamber investors, their successes and contributions to our communities. Click here to submit an application.
- SBDC Business of the Year: Company who has utilized one-on-one consulting and/or workshops hosted by the SBDC and has grown their business to the next level of success
- Small Business of the Year: 5 – 250 employees (or equivalent FTEs), in business five years or more
- Emerging Business of the Year: 5 or more employees (or equivalent FTEs), in business one to four years
- Brian Vogt Community Leader of the Year: An individual who has made an extraordinary contribution to the Chamber and the larger South Metro Denver community
SBDC Business of the Year Requirements:
- Winner must be current South Metro SBDC client
- Client must have utilized one-on-one consulting and/or workshops with the South Metro SBDC
- Client must have achieved exceptional level of success directly resulting from SBDC services
Small Business of the Year and Emerging Business of the Year Requirements:
- Company must be a Chamber investor as of January 1st, locally & privately held, for-profit, and not a franchisee
- Non-profits and government agencies are not eligible for Small Business or Emerging Business of the Year
- Nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
- Leadership and Management Ability
- Financial Performance
- Prospects for Sustained Success
- Community Involvement
Brian Vogt Community Leader of the Year Requirements:
- Individual or their organization must be a Chamber member as of January 1, 2011
- Nominees may be affiliated with a for-profit business, non-profit organization, or government agency
- Nominees will be judged on the following criteria: community, business and Chamber involvement
Companies and individuals are nominated for these awards by Chamber investors and employees, or self-nomination. Finalists and winners are determined by the Small Business Leadership Awards Committee, comprised of seven volunteers who specialize in a different areas of small business.
If you are not an investor of the South Metro Denver Chamber and are interested in participating in the Small Business Leadership Awards, please contact the Chamber at 303-795-0142. If you are a Chamber investor interested in participating, please contact your Business Development Manager.
For more information about the Small Business Leadership Awards, please visit the official SBLA page on the South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce website at http://www.bestchamber.com/events/small-business-leadership-awards.html.