Business Start-Up Series
Successful Business Fundamentals: This class will cover the essential building blocks necessary for businesses to start, grow and prosper.
You will learn and understand how to:
- Formulate your value proposition
- Analyze your market competition
- Determine what it takes to successfully compete in today’s business climate
- Address the challenges of running a start-up company
- Build the foundation of a successful business model.
Business Start-Up Basics: This information-packed workshop will give you a good understanding of what you need to consider in order to start a profitable business. Get your questions answered and learn all about starting a successful business, including some of the basic requirements needed to launch your business.
Topics discussed will include:
- Legal Structure
- Registration Requirements
- Necessary Recordkeeping
- Financing Your New Venture
Topics to be discussed include:
- The Purpose of a Business Plan
- What Information Your Plan Should Contain
- The Financial Documents You Will Need
- How to Determine Start-Up Costs
- Market Research and Its Importance
- What Lenders Look For
Cash Flow Fundamentals: This information packed workshop will give you a good understanding of how money flows in and out of your business. Get your questions answered and learn all about starting a successful business.
You will learn and understand how to use and apply:
- Positive Cash Flow
- Flow of Money
- How to Figure Cost of Goods Sold for Products
- Sales Forecasting
- Gross Profit
Join us to discover the basic things you need to know about marketing your small business. Learn about the marketing skills and tools that will create momentum in your business, and learn how to determine who your customers are and how best to reach them.
This workshop will cover:
- Why Marketing is Important
- How Much Marketing is Enough?
- Comparing to Your Competition
- Defining Niche, Specialty, and Target Markets
- How to Set Goals and Test Your Marketing Efforts
Special Topic Workshops
Lender’s Panel: Join us twice a year as representatives from local lending institutions discuss the various lending options available for small businesses and what you need to obtain this funding. You will also have the opportunity to ask whatever questions you may have when it comes to finding the money you need to start or grow your business. Meet each lender one-on-one to discuss the possibility of working with their organization.
6:15-6:30 pm Check-in
6:30-7:15 pm Lender’s Panel (panelists will each speak for 5 minutes on their specific lending options)
7:15-8:30 pm Breakouts (lenders will move to individual booths to meet with participants to answer individual questions)
Exporting & Importing 101: Want to get involved in international business but have no idea where to start? Exporting & Importing 101 will introduce you to the world of international business.
This class is taught from a beginner’s perspective and will provide you with a comprehensive package of resources to help you get started exporting or importing.
A corporate panel of export/import professionals follows the presentation. During the panel you will hear personal stories from business owners who have gone through the export/import process. The panel also includes a Q&A.
Selling a Small Business and Succession Planning for a Small Business: This online workshop provides an overview of selling small business and succession planning and is designed to help participants to understand how selling a business can benefit their business.
After completing this training, you will be able to:
- Explain how to change the ownership of a business through selling, closing, or transferring the business to successors
- Explain how to establish an exit strategy for retirement which includes a succession plan, transferring ownership of the business, and paying taxes